Director of Food & Beverage Sarah Johnson and Renowned Beer Expert
Stephen Beaumont Host Special Event Monday, March 24 at 7:30 p.m.
LAS VEGAS (March 10, 2014) --- Fleur by Hubert Keller at Mandalay Bay will host an intimate Belgian-inspired beer pairing dinner Monday, March 24 at 7:30 p.m. Mandalay Bay’s Director of Food & Beverage and Nevada’s first female cicerone Sarah Johnson, along with renowned beer expert Stephen Beaumont, will host the event and guide guests through the dinner, explaining the inspiration behind each pairing.
A five-course prix fixe menu will be presented by the talented culinary team at Fleur by Hubert Keller. The menu will feature:
- Terrine au Cochon, a head to tail pork terrine; paired with De la Senne Zinnebir and Upright Five
- Geuze Boon, a braised Belgian endive served with bacon veloute and shaved asparagus salad; paired with Scotch Silly and Ommegang Rare Vos
- Waterzooi, a poached ling cod and smoked haddock with silk fish fumet; paired with Moinette Blonde and Brooklyn Local 1
- Carbonade Flamande, braised short ribs with Brussels sprouts and pomme frits; paired with Rodenbach Vintag and New Belgium La Folie
- Belgian Waffle Sundae served with speculoos, chocolate and stout ice cream; paired with St. Bernardus Abt 12 and North Coast Brother Thelonious
The memorable meal is priced at $100 per person, plus tax and gratuity, and includes an autographed copy of Beaumont’s book, The World Atlas of Beer. To make a reservation, contact Fleur by Hubert Keller directly at 702-632-9400.
Mandalay Bay, a AAA Four Diamond Award-winning resort, is set on 120 lush acres featuring the award-winning Mandalay Bay Beach, a tropical pool paradise with real sand and the only climate-controlled, poolside gaming in the city. The Mandalay Bay Events Center, award-winning restaurants, exhilarating entertainment, unique shopping, Shark Reef Aquarium and the 1.7-million-square-foot Mandalay Bay Convention Center combine to make Mandalay Bay a distinctive Las Vegas destination. In 2014, THEhotel, a stand-alone all-suite hotel at Mandalay Bay will be redesigned and rebranded Delano Las Vegas. Mandalay Bay is a wholly owned subsidiary of MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM).