Director of Food & Beverage Sarah Johnson, Bob Brewer of Anchor Brewing and Mario Vitale of Anchor Distilling Host Beer Pairing Dinner Wednesday, August 13 at 7:30 p.m.
LAS VEGAS (July 25, 2014) – Celebrity Chef Michael Mina’s STRIPSTEAK at Mandalay Bay will present a beer pairing dinner Wednesday, August 13 at 7:30 p.m. Mandalay Bay’s Director of Food & Beverage and Nevada’s first female cicerone Sarah Johnson, along with Bob Brewer of Anchor Brewing Company and Mario Vitale of Anchor Distilling Company will host the event and will guide guests through the dinner, explaining the creative thinking behind each pairing.
The evening will begin with an Anchor Distilling Junipero cocktail featuring handmade Junipero Gin created in the classic “distilled dry gin tradition.” This balanced and uniquely satisfying gin has a light and crisp taste and combines a deep and mysterious spiciness with subtle delicacy.
Following, a five-course prix fixe menu will be presented by the talented culinary team at STRIPSTEAK, led by Executive Chef Gerald Chin. The menu will feature:
- Amberjack Sashimi with a crispy crab roll, sriracha aioli, pickled cucumbers and yuzu-ponzu; paired with Anchor Brewing Steam Beer
- Foie Gras Slider with petit pickled cherry salad, duck fat almonds and amaretto gelée; paired with Anchor Brewing Summer Ale
- Soy-Glazed Pork Belly & Diver Scallop with charred corn, miso butter and popcorn cream; paired with Anchor Brewing Liberty Ale, Anchor Brewing IPA and Anchor Distilling Hophead
- Porcini-Dusted Angus Strip with lobster potato purée, blue lake green beans and red wine reduction; paired with Anchor Brewing Porter
- S’mores Bar with smokey marshmallow and Valrhona milk chocolate; paired with Anchor Brewing Old Foghorn and Anchor Distilling Old Potrero 18
This unforgettable meal is priced at $125 per person, plus tax and gratuity. To purchase tickets for this event, call STRIPSTEAK at (702) 632-7200.
About Mandalay Bay
Mandalay Bay, a AAA Four Diamond Award-winning resort, is set on 120 lush acres featuring the award-winning Mandalay Bay Beach, a tropical pool paradise with real sand and the only climate-controlled, poolside gaming in the city. The Mandalay Bay Events Center, award-winning restaurants, exhilarating entertainment, unique shopping, Shark Reef Aquarium and the 1.7-million-square-foot Mandalay Bay Convention Center combine to make Mandalay Bay a distinctive Las Vegas destination. In 2014, THEhotel, a stand-alone all-suite hotel at Mandalay Bay will be redesigned and rebranded Delano Las Vegas. Mandalay Bay is a wholly owned subsidiary of MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM).