Director of Wine Harley Carbery and Export Manager Clovis Taittinger Host Event Thursday, Oct. 23 at 6:30 p.m.
LAS VEGAS (Aug. 27, 2014) – Charlie Palmer’s Aureole at Mandalay Bay will team up with Champagne Taittinger winery for a wine pairing dinner Thursday, October 23 at 6:30 p.m. Mandalay Bay’s Director of Wine Harley Carbery, along with Champagne Taittinger’s Export Manager Clovis Taittinger, will host the event, guiding guests through each course with insights into the ingenious thinking behind each pairing.
The event will tantalize taste buds with a six-course menu created by Aureole’s Executive Chef Vincent Pouessel and Executive Pastry Chef Megan Bringas. The menu will feature:
- Fluke Sashimi, Star Fruit and Tiger Shrimp Cevice & Squash Blossom Tempura; paired with Brut La Française
- Lightly Seared Mozambican Langoustines with apple and foie gras chutney; paired with Prélude “Grands Crus”
- Santa Barbara Sea Urchin Barley Risotto with porcini mushroom chips and chicory sea salt biscotti; paired with Les Folies de la Marquetterie
- Lemon Dusted Diver Sea Scallop and Fresh Black Winter Truffles with caramelized cauliflower and house-made raisins; paired with 1998 Comtes de Champagne Blanc de Blancs
- Roasted Veal Tenderloin and Braised Cheeks with butternut squash ravioli, sage brown butter, black trumpet mushrooms and amaretto veal reduction; paired with 2005 Comtes de Champagne Rosé
- Preserved Lemon St Honore with Breton sand cookie and early grey ice cream; paired with Nocturne
Tickets for this one-of-a-kind event are priced at $225 per person, all-inclusive, and are available for purchase by calling Aureole at 702-632-7401. Space is limited and guests must be 21 years of age or older to attend. For more information and high-resolution images of Aureole, please click here.
About Mandalay Bay
Mandalay Bay, a AAA Four Diamond Award-winning resort, is set on 120 lush acres featuring the award-winning Mandalay Bay Beach, a tropical pool paradise with real sand and the only climate-controlled, poolside gaming in the city. The Mandalay Bay Events Center, award-winning restaurants, exhilarating entertainment, unique shopping, Shark Reef Aquarium and the 1.7-million-square-foot Mandalay Bay Convention Center combine to make Mandalay Bay a distinctive Las Vegas destination. In 2014, THEhotel, a stand-alone all-suite hotel at Mandalay Bay will be redesigned and rebranded Delano Las Vegas. Mandalay Bay is a wholly owned subsidiary of MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM).