LAS VEGAS—Boyd Gaming Corporation today announced plans to resume operations at nine of its Nevada properties on Thursday, June 4, pending receipt of final regulatory approvals: The Orleans, Gold Coast, Suncoast, Aliante, Cannery, Sam’s Town, Fremont, California and Jokers Wild.
“We are excited for the opportunity to resume operations in our home state of Nevada,” said Keith Smith, President and Chief Executive Officer of Boyd Gaming. “By the first week of June, we look forward to having 19 of our 29 properties across the country back in operation, and we are optimistic that we will be able to reopen most of our remaining properties by the end of June. As we continue to return to business, we will remain diligent in protecting the health and safety of every person who comes through our doors, following strict safety protocols that meet the highest standards set by federal, state and local officials.”
Upon reopening, all of Boyd Gaming’s Nevada properties will operate with limited amenities and capacity restrictions in compliance with state and local requirements. Specific amenities and restrictions include:
Food Outlets: All properties will have select dining options open with varied hours. All buffets will remain closed at this time.
Casino Bars: All properties will have select casino bars open with varied hours.
- All properties will have slots and video poker available 24/7, following social distancing requirements.
- Table games will be available at Aliante, Cannery, the Cal, Fremont, Gold Coast, Suncoast, Sam’s Town and The Orleans with varied hours. Seating will be limited in accordance with social distancing requirements.
- The Orleans will offer poker with select hours. Seating at each table will be limited.
- Aliante, Gold Coast, Sam’s Town and Suncoast will offer Bingo with varied hours.
- Sports books will be open at Aliante, Cannery, Fremont, Gold Coast, Sam’s Town, Suncoast and The Orleans with varied hours.
- Fremont will offer valet services. Valet will be closed at all other properties.
- Pools at Aliante and The Orleans will open with varied hours.
- Bowling will be available at Gold Coast, Sam’s Town, Suncoast and The Orleans with varied hours.
- Gift shops will be open at properties that offer this amenity.
- All movie theaters, showrooms, fitness centers and spas will remain closed during the initial reopening phase.
Details on individual amenity, restaurant and gaming openings/closures along with hours of operations can be found on the website for each property.
Additionally, all Boyd Gaming properties will practice “Boyd Clean,” a set of comprehensive protocols aimed at protecting the health and safety of our team members and guests. These protocols include:
- Mandatory face coverings and temperature checks for all team members;
- Social distancing requirements and capacity restrictions across all customer and team member areas, including casino floors and restaurants;
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation of all high-touch surfaces, including door handles, gaming machines, table games, handrails and elevator buttons;
- Increased placement of hand sanitizer dispensers throughout our properties;
- Required training for all team members on our safety protocols.
For additional information on the Boyd Clean initiative, visit www.boydgaming.com/boyd-clean.
Three of Boyd Gaming’s southern Nevada properties – Eastside Cannery, Eldorado and Main Street Station – remain closed during the initial reopening phase. While the Gold Coast will reopen its casino and some restaurants on June 4, the Gold Cost hotel will remain closed at the present time.
About Boyd Gaming
Founded in 1975, Boyd Gaming Corporation (NYSE: BYD) is a leading geographically diversified operator of 29 gaming entertainment properties in 10 states. With one of the most experienced leadership teams in the casino industry, Boyd Gaming prides itself on offering its guests an outstanding entertainment experience, delivered with unwavering attention to customer service. For additional Company information and press releases, visit www.boydgaming.com.