Five City Pools Will Open by June 4 for Fun, Swimming Lessons And Aquatic Sports
Carlos L. Martinez & Darrio J. Hall Family Pool at Gary Reese Freedom Park, Garside Pool, Pavilion Center Pool and Municipal Pool will open Memorial Day weekend and the following weekend, before opening full time for the summer season June 4. For the holiday weekend, Municipal Pool will be closed Friday-Sunday for a swim meet, opening 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Monday.
Summer pool hours will be:
- Carlos L. Martinez & Darrio J. Hall Family Pool at Gary Reese Freedom Park, 889 N. Pecos Road, 702-229-1755 – May 26, the pool at Gary Reese Freedom Park will host a special afternoon event. Everyone is invited to Fiesta Day from noon to 5 p.m. Entry and swimming are free. Latin food and beverages will be available for purchase. Latin music will enliven the celebration. June 4-Aug. 12, this pool will be open for recreational swim Monday-Friday noon-4 p.m. and 6-9 p.m., and Saturday-Sunday, noon to 5 p.m. The pool also will be open June 3, Aug. 18-19, Aug. 25-26 and Sept. 1-3, noon to 5 p.m.
- Garside Pool, 250 S. Torrey Pines Drive, 702-229-6393 – Garside will be open daily for recreational swimming June 4-Aug. 12, with Monday-Friday hours noon-4 p.m. and 6-9 p.m., as well as Saturday and Sunday, noon-5 p.m. The pool also will be open May 26-28, Aug. 18-19, Aug. 25-26 and Sept. 1-3, noon to 5 p.m.
- Pavilion Center Pool, 101 S. Pavilion Center Drive, 702-229-1488 – Recreational swim opens for the summer season June 4-Aug. 12, Monday-Friday, noon to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m.; Saturday-Sunday, noon to 5 p.m. Limited adult lap swim is open Monday-Friday 5 a.m.-noon and 4-7 p.m., and Saturdays, 8 a.m.-noon. The pool also will be open May 26-27, noon to 5 p.m. and May 28, noon to 4 p.m.
- Municipal Pool, 431 E. Bonanza Road, 702-229-6309 – Municipal Pool is open for recreational swimming May 28-Sept. 3 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday, as well as noon to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. From 4 to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, there are limited lanes for adults-only lap swim.
- Doolittle Pool, 1950 N. J St., 702-229-6398 – June 4-Aug. 12, Monday-Saturday, 1 to 5 p.m.
- Baker Pool, 1020 E. St. Louis Ave., will be closed this summer for renovation.
All city pools will be closed June 2 for annual summer in-service training. Go online for a listing of planned pool summer special events in the summer Beyond the Neon guide.
Daily fees at all pools are $2 for ages 4-17; $3 for ages 18-49; $2 for ages 50+; and free for ages 0-3. All-summer pool passes, valid Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day, also are available for purchase. Pass prices are $40 for a child under 18 years old or a senior age 50+ and $75 for an adult age 18-49. Passes are good for lap and open swim at each of our five open swimming pool venues, valid Memorial Day through Labor Day. Group family passes are not offered this year.
Each pool will offer private, semi-private and small group swimming lessons. Private lessons are $125, semi-private lessons (two-three students) are $65, and group lessons (four or more students) are $25-$30 ($5 at select pools), for five or six 45-minute lessons. Swim lesson sessions and water exercise classes begin the week of June 4 at most pools. Each pool also will offer novice competitive swimming, diving, synchronized swimming and water polo teams for ages 7-17 for only $35 for the entire 10-week summer pool season. Registration for swimming lessons, water exercise classes and team participation is open until full. See all the information online at www.lasvegasparksandrec.com (click on “Aquatics” or “Beyond the Neon Guide” for details).
For more information, call 702-229-PLAY or the Municipal Pool at 702-229-6309. Financial assistance is available for qualified families. Ask for a financial assistance application at the pool.