Many Summer Camp and Pool Positions Available
For Individuals Enthusiastic To Work With Youth
The city of Las Vegas will hold a job fair to recruit employees for summer camp sites starting at 9 a.m. March 30 and April 6 at Las Vegas City Hall, 495 S. Main St. Applicants must commit to work May 18-Aug. 9, 2019. Available positions include front desk/cashier, site leader, senior assistant and assistant. Salaries for these positions start at $9 per hour and average 30-40 hours per week. Summer camps serve children ages 6-15. For more job fair details, go online to https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/lasvegas/jobs/2320092/summer-positions. Summer camps will be held at the following locations:
- Cimarron Rose Community Center, 5591 N. Cimarron Road
- Doolittle Community Center, 1950 N. J St.
- East Las Vegas Community Center, 250 N. Eastern Ave.
- Mirabelli Community Center, 6200 Hargrove Ave.
- Stupak Community Center, 251 W. Boston Ave.
- Veterans Memorial Community Center, 101 N. Pavilion Center Drive
Many summer pool positions also are available at the city’s pools, including pool manager, lifeguard, water safety instructor, cashier, laborer and monitor. The city also employs staff year-round at two indoor/outdoor pools. For more information on each pool position and to apply, go online to https://www.lasvegasnevada.gov/jobs.
Discounted training classes for lifeguards are offered April 15-19; advance registration is required at https://recreation.lasvegasnevada.gov/wbwsc/webtrac.wsc/wbsplash.html.
Baker Pool at 1100 E. St. Louis Ave. will be closed for renovations this summer. Jobs will be available at the following city of Las Vegas public pools:
- Municipal Pool, 431 E. Bonanza Road
- Pavilion Center Pool, 101 S. Pavilion Center Drive
- Doolittle Pool, 1940 N. J St.
- Garside Pool, 250 S. Torrey Pines Drive
- Carlos L. Martinez & Darrio J. Hall Pool, 889 N. Pecos Road