Registration Also Open For Weekday Summer Camps For Youth Ages 3-15
Summer fun is ready at city of Las Vegas pools and weekday camps. There are pool parties May 25-26, with four city pools open Memorial Day weekend. Sports teams for youth ages 7-17 begin June 3 at all city pools — choose swimming, water polo, springboard diving or synchronized swimming — or all four! Aquatics team programs are priced at $35 per youth for the entire 10 weeks, June 3-Aug. 9.
- Fiesta Day! (all ages)
Saturday, May 25, 12 to 5 p.m.
Cost: $4 per person (food and beverages extra)
Carlos L. Martinez & Darrio J. Hall Family Pool at Gary Reese Freedom Park, 889 N. Pecos Road, 702-229-1755.
Bring the entire family to start the summer with a fiesta. Receive information about swim lessons, youth swim teams and party rentals. Fun for all!
- School’s Out Summer Splash Party (all ages)
*Monday, May 27, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (note change in date/time)
Cost: $2 ages 4-17, $3 ages 18-49, $2 ages 50+, free ages 0-3.
Municipal Pool, 431 E. Bonanza Road, 702-229-6309.
School’s finally out – let’s celebrate! Enjoy swimming, games, music, dancing, treats, prizes.
And, if the family’s swimming skills need improving, sign up now for summer “Learn to Swim” lessons at five city of Las Vegas pools. Lessons begin in June, with varying start dates depending on the type of “Learn to Swim” classes taken. Register children (or adults) for lessons in a group setting for $25-30 ($5 at select pools), semi-private for $65 or private for $125.
- Municipal Pool, 431 E. Bonanza Road, 702-229-6309. Open all year.
- Pavilion Center Pool, 101 S. Pavilion Center Drive, 702-229-1488. Open all year.
- Carlos L. Martinez & Darrio J. Hall Family Pool at Gary Reese Freedom Park, 889 N. Pecos Road, 702-229-1755. Opens May 25.
- Doolittle Pool, 1950 N. J St., 702-229-6398. Opens June 3.
- Garside Pool, 250 S. Torrey Pines Drive, 702-229-6393. Opens May 25.
- Baker Pool is closed this summer for renovation.
Go to https://www.lasvegasnevada.gov/Government/Departments/Parks-Recreation/Aquatics for all city of Las Vegas pools information.
Online registration at www.lasvegasparksandrec.com for summer activities is open now. Click on “Summer Camps” or “Aquatics.” See all the youth day camp information at www.lasvegasnevada.gov/camps. Walk-in registration at community centers and arts centers also is available. Registration will continue until camps are full. Most camps operate May 28-Aug. 9.
There will be specialized camp activities each week focusing on sports, science, art, dance and more. The types of summer camps include Tot Camp (ages 3-5), Kids Camp (ages 5-11 and have completed kindergarten), Teen Adventure Camp (ages 12-14), a Counselor-in-Training program (ages 15+), Performing & Visual Arts Camp (ages 10-15) and Adaptive Recreation Camp (ages 7-21 with disabilities). Mirabelli and Veterans Memorial will offer elite camps with weeklong specialty themes. See the Mirabelli and Veterans Memorial elite camp lists. The popular Teen Adventure Camp is offered at all community centers, featuring bus trips to fascinating spots.
- Adaptive Recreation Summer Camp, 250 N. Eastern Ave., 702-229-4903; $100/week per person ages 7-21 with disabilities.
- Cimarron Rose Community Center, 5591 N. Cimarron Road, 702-229-1607; $125/week ages 5-11; $150/week ages 12-14 for Tuesday-Thursday Teen Adventure Camp.
- Doolittle Community Center, 1950 N. J St., 702-229-6374; $75/week ages 5-11; $100/week ages 12-14 Teen Adventure Camp.
- East Las Vegas Community Center, 250 N. Eastern Ave., 702-229-1515; $75/week/child ages 5-11; $100/week ages 12-14 Teen Adventure Camp.
- Mirabelli Community Center, 6200 Hargrove Ave., 702-229-6359; $150/week full day ages 3-5; $80/week half day 8 a.m.-noon or noon-4 p.m. ages 3-5; $150-$200/week ages 6-11; $150/week ages 12-14 for Tuesday-Thursday Teen Adventure Camp.
- Pavilion Pool, 101 S. Pavilion Center Drive, 702-229-1488; $150/week/child ages 11-14; Jr. Lifeguard Camp 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Stupak Community Center, 251 W. Boston Ave., 702-229-2488; $40/week ages 5-11; hours 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. or an extended camp 3:30–6 p.m. for an additional $20/week. $100/week ages 12-14 Teen Adventure Camp (Stupak location only).
- Veterans Memorial Community Center, 101 N. Pavilion Center Drive, 702-229-1100; $150-$200 week ages 5-11; $200/week ages 12-14 Teen Adventure Camp.
- West Las Vegas Arts Center, 947 W. Lake Mead Blvd., 702-229-ARTS (2787); $400 for summer ages 10-15; Performing & Visual Arts Summer Camp for Kids 2019; Monday-Friday, June 10-Aug. 2, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Students must commit to attend the full eight-week program and be available for multiple performances. There is a daily dress code requirement. Register in person or call 702-229-ARTS (2787).
Pavilion Center Pool will offer Junior Lifeguarding Camp, Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., for $150/week for youth ages 11-14. This is an American Red Cross program. Successful participants will earn essential pool lifesaving skills and Junior Lifeguarding certification. Camp will be offered June 3-7, June 17-21, July 8-12, July 15-19 and Aug. 5-9.
For more information, call 702-229-PLAY or one of the community centers or the Municipal/Pavilion Center pools listed above. Financial assistance is available for qualified families. Ask for a financial assistance application at the pool/center you wish to attend. All activities are subject to change. For links to facilities, programs, classes and activities in the current Beyond the Neon guide, go online to www.lasvegasparksandrec.com.
Summer jobs also are available to work in the camps, as lifeguards, water safety instructors, swimming instructors, pool manager and more. To see available positions and apply for jobs, go online to https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/lasvegas.