Chuck Minker Sports Complex Will Open June 16
The city of Las Vegas is welcoming residents and visitors back to most city pools Monday, June 15; Pavilion Center Pool reopened June 5 and Baker Pool will remain closed. Chuck Minker Sports Complex will open June 16. All facilities will follow social distancing and other safety guidelines provided by the Governor’s Office.
Locker rooms will be closed; all guests should arrive in appropriate swimming attire. Prior to being admitted into the facilities, temperatures of guests will be checked.
Guests will need to arrive at the beginning of a two-hour open swim period; only 50 guests will be allowed at each time. Open swim hours vary by location*:
- Carlos L. Martinez & Darrio J. Hall Family Pool at Freedom Park, 899 N. Pecos Road, Monday-Friday, 5 and 7 p.m.; Tuesday and Thursday, 12 and 2 p.m.; Saturday-Sunday, 12, 2 and 4 p.m.
- Doolittle Pool, 1950 N. J St., Monday-Saturday, 1 and 3 p.m.; closed Sunday.
- Garside Pool, 250 S. Torrey Pines Drive, Monday-Friday, 5 and 7 p.m.; Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 12 and 2 p.m.; Saturday-Sunday, 12, 2 and 4 p.m.
- Municipal Pool, 431 E. Bonanza Road, Monday-Friday, 8 and 10 a.m., 12 and 2 p.m.; Saturday 12, 2 and 4 p.m.; closed Sunday.
- Pavilion Center Pool, 101 S. Pavilion Center Drive, Monday-Friday, 12, 2 and 7:15 p.m.; Saturday 12, 2 and 4 p.m.; closed Sunday.
At this time, lane reservations and lap swim are only available at Pavilion Center Pool; those interested can call 702.229.1488 to make reservations.
Daily fees for all city pools are $2 for ages 4-17 and 50+, $3 for ages 18-49; children ages 3 and younger are free. Restrooms will be open at all facilities; water fountains will remain closed.
Chuck Minker Sports Complex, 275 N. Mojave Road, also will welcome back guests Tuesday, June 16. The weight room, cardio area and racquetball courts will be available to guests Tuesday-Friday, 8 a.m.-8 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m.-6 p.m. The facility will be closed Sunday and Monday. The city will continue to add more programming throughout the summer.
The city currently is accepting reservations for park pavilions and special events. Picnic shelter reservations and information are available here. Registration continues for the Vegas Strong Summer Academies, available for ages 3-13. Click here for more details on locations, cost and registration; financial aid is available. Call 702-229-PLAY (7529) for more information.
The city continues working on plans for the reopening of community centers and other facilities and will provide additional details as those become available. Visit www.lasvegasnevada.gov/welcomeback for the most up-to-date reopening information for the city of Las Vegas.
*Hours may change during the summer. Guests are encouraged to visit www.lasvegasnevada.gov for the most up-to-date information.